Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

Karvon
Forum God
Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by Karvon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:51 am

Slade was liking the underdark less and less. The party had encountered a beholder lich and gotten mauled before retreating. Next, the plan was for them to distract it while he looked for its phylactery. Unfortunately, they failed to keep it occupied and it'd caught up with him in a narrow passage he couldn't get by it and none of them could get to him and he'd died, yet again. Of course they raised him, but that didn't erase the pain or the memory of what had happened. At least the others had finally destroyed it. They also tangled with some driders and that had been a tough, but easier battle. He scored a new bow out of that battle, so things weren't all bad. He would simply have to be a lot more careful in the future of getting himself into tight spaces.

Mirgalen
Extreme Poster

Post by Mirgalen » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:54 am

The group found a deserted city. They found a way into a building and explored it. At some point they faced a giant floating eye with magic powers. The thing was also able to regenerate. Apparently it was undead and he had a lich device that had to be destroyed. The first attempt to overcome the creature resulted in a retreat. Eventually the group defeated the monster.

It was not the only bizarre thing they would encounter during this trip. As they encountered Drow-Spider-men not to mention a gigantic green cube who no other intention but to devour the entire group...

Topato
Extreme Poster

Post by Topato » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:21 pm

"Well, so far the Underdark is very much living up to its reputation as strange and dangerous. I think, however we have been fortunate, in that we have stumbled onto the "exiles" that the riddle spoke of. The cloaks they possessed seem like they might be exactly what we need. We should make our way back to the dwarven town to rest and resupply, and then travel to the city of the ghouls."

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:43 pm

"It's sensible not to rush," Shanni added, "at least not just to avoid running into something, and definitely not if we first disturb something then leave it lie." She shook her blonde locks. "That could call down the wrath of whatever on the nearest victim, which could be these grey dwarves ... whatever they are called."

She wrinkled her nose a little. "Not that I wouldn't rather avoid some of it but that's not the way either Lady works. In the meantime I will pray for further blessings. We've done enough in her name now for the Lady to perhaps feel generous to us when in need."

smartalec
Extreme Poster

Post by smartalec » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Still wearing a thousand-yard stare after the encounter with the Driders and their pets, Suula muttered unhappily, with a tinge of vague hysteria. "Why does it have to be us? It doesn't have to be us. Doesn't have to be us, t-there's lots of things we can do with our lives."

She looks plaintively at the others, hugging herself. "We did what's needed. Heard the prophecy. Dwarves can take it from here. Can say 'Here you go! Good luck! Now point us in the d-direction of the n-nearest... normal thing so that we don't all die in a horrible cave!' Yes? No? Y-yes?"

Shadani
Extreme Poster

Post by Shadani » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Nihmri plucked at her lyre, and half-whispered something that sounded vaguely Draconic. When she heard Suula's nervous stammering, she grinned. Did her teeth seem sharper than usual? Ah, well. No matter.

"There are lots of things we could do with our lives," she said, thoughtfully. "Why, we could all retire to a nice little hamlet in Cormyr and open a bakery. Or we could run off and join a theater company! Oh, what fun that would be. The two of you would make for quite the comedic duo, and I could write the songs! And if that somehow doesn't work out, I'm sure we could always just become goatherds or something.

"But ah, alas..." She sighed, then ran her hands over the strings of her lyre. The instrument produced a vaguely mournful sound, of the sort often accompanied by tragically doomed maidens enumerating all their many troubles. "We have all of us pledged our lives to the service of our gods. How cruel they must be, to send us to such dark places. But this is the path that they have laid out for us, and I would wager that there is no one who will walk it if we do not."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:52 pm

+1200xp for Slade, Pius, Nihmri, Suula, Shanni, and Amathain for IC posting this week.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Hey all: due to an unexpected change in travel plans I have to drop my wife off at the airport this morning. I should be back by game time, but if I'm a few minutes late then it's because there was a rare Saturday-morning traffic incident in Sacramento.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:22 pm

((Server is up, we wait in hope!))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Just got back, and logging in.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”