Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Moderator:Lazybones

smartalec
Extreme Poster
Re: Devotion Campaign Planning and Discussion Thread

Post by smartalec » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Suula only half-listened, pulling odds and ends out of her pack - a blackened wooden bowl, a taper, a corked clay bottle of liquor. Still, she spoke up. "As far as the Underdark goes, I thought it was... big, bigger than what we've seen... feels like we're barely through the front porch."

She pours a measure of brownish spirit from the bottle, swirling it in the bowl. "Can't you feel it? We're on the threshold, now. Up there is our comfy world where this all makes sense. Down here is where the Things are, the wretches that creation couldn't bear to see... the twisted, the hateful, and the unloved. We go to join them. You're going to need a very big light."

She lights the taper from the campfire and touches it to the bowl. The small bluish fire burns alongside the camp's own, but if anything, the cavern grows colder. Shadows play in odd places on the priestess's face, giving her a sharp, foxlike look as she closes her eyes - and says one more thing, before she enters silent prayer. "We may talk of mean little curses, but this place... it is a curse."

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:55 pm

Looks like everyone is at least L12 now, so +1200xp posting bonus for Toric, Slade, Pius, Nimhri, Suula, and Amathain.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:44 pm

((*sigh* Couldn't post from work when I had 5 minutes and remembered. Ho hum. A reminder I am out for two weeks after tomorrow.))

Gulfwulf
Forum God

Post by Gulfwulf » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:36 pm

//Sorry guys, but one of our dogs is staying at the vet overnight because she got out somehow and was run-over. She's being released tomorrow morning so I won't be around. Cya'll next time

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:19 am

Vanya Mia wrote:((*sigh* Couldn't post from work when I had 5 minutes and remembered. Ho hum. A reminder I am out for two weeks after tomorrow.))
You had noted earlier you could still set up the server (or empower a minion to do so), so as long as we have 5+ each week we'll play. If anyone has any summer travel plans please post them here.

I will be gone the last week of August but otherwise I'm looking forward to a quiet summer.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:53 pm

((Yeah, I have minions at home. For next week I can set up the server before I leave and it should be okay for that day. The older minion should be able to check it for the next as on one previous occasion, being contactable by some who play in this group. I have one other known absence for the summer, 6th August, when the more reliable minion will be away too but again - I should be able to set up the server and will be in the country so more easily contactable to set the second minion into action.))

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:42 pm

Needless to say if it becomes a big hassle let us know and we'll just skip that particular week. I'm just grateful you can host as I never could figure out the glitch that keeps two of the players from logging into my server.

Lazybones
Forum God

Post by Lazybones » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Paging Vanya Mia...

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:28 pm

*sigh* Got busy hang on. Going to check server see if there was a change for IP.

Vanya Mia
Forum God

Post by Vanya Mia » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:33 pm

T is in, so should be good.

Return to “Saturday Forgotten Realms Campaign”